As I write this it is 5 pm on New Years Eve, and I have started drinking. Almost a year ago I wrote about some goals for this year, so won’t it be jolly fun to review those? Here they are below.
- New eating plan- goal being to lose my food addiction
- Meeting new people to hopefully…
- get new friends
- More gaming
- Stop being so jaded from being burned by people
- Getting things DONE
They they are, aren’t they lovely? I shall address them in the order they are written.
1) Started a low carb thing that has my weight down 20 lbs and under control, even through the holidays. Yay there, progress to be made.
2) met a couple of new people, went to Origins Game Fair, went to local geek expo, was social-ish.
3) Met a new potential friend, lost old friend to a long distance move, lost potential friend to… a difference of opinion over… the ALS Ice bucket challenge?….His overwhelming negative view of things? Really not sure how/why that went that way. All I know is that I was never angry, he just unfriended and stopped coming to game nights. Anyway I am at a net minus one for gamers.
4) Amount of gaming is the same. Less players.
5) After number three I am not any more jaded than I was before surprisingly, unsurprisingly I feel no less
6) getting things done….yeah I finished somethings last year…
Honestly all I want for this year is more fun times to be had. More friends not less, more gaming both RPG and boardgame. Can I please,Please,Please find a few more gamers who are just…. I don’t know what to say here….fun? Easy going?
I may have to go to online gaming in the future.
See you all on the flip side of the year.